Welcome

Welcome to my blog! My name is Mark Nicholas, I am a student at
Dundee College doing an HND in 3D Animation, here I will have
updates on my work and what I'm up to.

Friday 21 January 2011

Movement Studies aka Mechanical Arm

I have completed modeling my robotic arm for 3ds Max, the final result is slightly different to that which was originally sketched, this was only to make it easier to model and animate for example the original ball in socket joint that made up the wrist joint was changed to a hinge as in the animation the hand does not need to rotate horizontally. The joints were changed as well and shortcuts were taken when modeling them, this was done to meet the deadline, however I believe that this has not affected the quality in any way whatsoever.






No comments:

Post a Comment